To help reach our goal of actively supporting and enhancing the work of the United Nations' efforts within K-12 classrooms, our TeachSDGs organization contributes to the 2030 Agenda in the following ways:
- We connect with global educators dedicated to responding to a call to action within education to meet the Sustainable Development Goals.
- We point to open and accessible resources, lessons plans, and global projects directly aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- We advance the work of the UN in relation to education through advocacy and outreach to inform K-12 and higher education stakeholders, defined as educators, students, parents, and community members.
- 2016: Ada McKim, Amy Rosenstein, Fran Siracusa and Jennifer Williams joined together to identify ways to impact the world and stimulate action through education to help achieve the UN's Global Goals.
- 2017: The four co-founders met with key members of the UN organization to identify objectives for a newly-created Global Goals Educator Task Force. From January - December, the Global Goals Educator Task Force, in partnership with the United Nations, aimed to strengthen the voice of the Educator in their sessions, meetings, and events pertaining to the Sustainable Development Goals. This Task Force sought a world where every child learns about the inspiring Global Goals and welcomed any and all partners and opportunities that moved us all closer to this objective. They recruited teachers, gathered data, cherished ideas, and submitted recommendations directly to the UN. Passionate about policy, advocacy, innovation, design thinking, and best practices in global education, they brought diverse perspectives and deep commitment to the SDGs and the children of our world. At the mid-year point, the #TeachSDGs movement was refined into an organization, and was honored to present findings at the UN's High-level Event on Education in late June. Leveraging the enthusiasm of connected global teachers and leaders, an "ambassador program" was established to further impact the aims of #TeachSDGs.
- 2018: The TeachSDGs organization welcomed their second cohort of TeachSDGs Ambassadors. Second, the organization was restructured to include assembled committees in order to further refine work and global impact.
Please connect with us by filling out our Contact Form.